No longer are essential oils a rarity or out of reach, but now that you can find them everywhere, how to know which brands to buy?
The most important thing to consider when looking for essential oil brands is reviews that can tell you about the most trustworthy and the best quality ones on the market today.
Because there are so many companies in the industry, many of the most popular do a lot of testing to prove theirs is the purest quality oils, so this is also something to look for before you make a purchase.
Here are some of the best essential oil brands that you can trust.
- Plant Therapy – are a high quality brand that include the GC/MS batch code on their bottles.
GC/MS is a testing method by which essential oil companies test their oils for quality and purity. This testing is also important because it tells about the therapeutic properties of the oil and any safety issues that could benefit consumers.
Plant Therapy was founded in 2011 and they carry an array of essential oils, most popular including Lavender, Germ Fighter, Lemon, Peppermint and Tea Tree.
- dōTERRA – is a therapeutic grade essential oils company founded in 2008. They too produce high quality oils in a great variety and include some very popular blends such as AromaTouch, which is a massage blend, Citrus Bliss for uplifting mood and relieving stress, and DDR Prime for protection against oxidative stress.
dōTERRA offers a yearly wholesale membership that costs $35 and allows customers to purchase products at prices 25 percent below retail. For example, dōTERRA wholesale customers can purchase the DDR Prime for $28 instead of $37.33 retail price.
- Vitruvi – is a company known for their porcelain diffusers and sleek packaging for essential oils. They create scents that customers can use for different purposes at different times of the day.
Focus is one of their most popular blends created to promote productivity and focus using oils such as petitgrain, frankincense, and basil.
- Rocky Mountain Oils – is one of the top essential oil brands now available everywhere in the country. They carry essential oils, skin care, wellness, body care, natural supplements and other product lines for aromatherapy.
You can purchase and return any of the company’s oils within 90 days even if you open the packaging, which is a great policy return if you’re unhappy with a product.
- The Ananda Apothecary – one of the lesser known yet equally rock solid essential oil brands available today.
They carry almost any type of essential oil including oils made from wild harvested plants, USDA certified oils, and aged essential oils. They conduct GC/MS testing for each batch of essential oils and provide fair prices, with specialty oils costing a bit more due to the volume of plant materials required for the manufacturing of the oil.
- Mountain Rose Herbs – is an awarded company that sells fine organic essential oil products, also natural body care, teas, spices and bulk organic herbs.
They only sell organic oils and offer certified organic herbs and spices at discount prices every month. They offer lowest prices for bulk purchasing and wholesale year round.