6 things you should know about pressure cookers:
- 1 is that they’re fast at cooking food. You can soak chickpeas in as little as 13 minutes and cook a roast in 40 minutes only.
- 2 is that they retain 50% more nutrients compared to other cooking techniques, which means more vitamins and minerals for you.
- 3 is they’re more energy efficient, using up to 70% less gas, water, and electricity than the light bulbs in your home.
- 4 is they’re very easy to use and require little monitoring.
- 5 is they’re little maintenance, with most pressure cookers safe to wash in the dishwasher.
- 6 is that they’re safe to use. Even with electric pressure cookers, you can count on foolproof safety features.
Here are some options to consider in terms of cost efficient and reliable pressure cookers.
Cuisinart CPC-600 – is one of the best-rated pressure cookers, and it makes for a top choice for different reasons. It comes with cool touch handles and push button controls that make it easier to use and navigate the device.
Other functions it performs include simmering, sautéing, and keep-warm.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 – is a medium size pressure cooker, ideal for one to three people. The device is made of stainless steel and it includes 10 safety features along with 14 smart programs, one of which allows for programmed cooking for next day or within 24 hours.
What’s really great about this pressure cooker is you can leave it unattended and it’s totally safe, plus it can cook food up to 6x faster than other similar tools.
Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 – cooks a decent amount of food at a size of 5.28 quart and is a third-generation pressure cooker, so one of the most advanced on the market.
It costs under $100, which is a major plus and it comes with several cooking functions, meaning you not only are able to pressure cook, but you can also sauté, slow cook, cook rice, steam, and keep the food warm.
All American 921 – is a bulky and spacious device made of stainless steel. Note, however, that it is solely designed for canning, so if you’re passionate about home canning, this is the device for you.
The All American is made of durable aluminum and can hold up to 19 standard size jars. Because it’s a bigger unit, you’ll find it that much easier to accomplish tasks, however you do need storage space for it.
Presto 01781 – is another device for canning foods, including pickles, jams, and jellies and it is definitely a kitchen device you can rely on for all your canning needs. You can even can salsa, poultry and seafood with this Presto.
What you want to be looking for in a canning device is the ability to seal well and keep pressure fine, both of which this model delivers.
It’s one of the safest pressure canners out there and it will hold well for many years.